Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ordinary day

"ORDINARY DAY"

It was an ordinary day,
The sun was shinning brighter than ever before,
People were passing me by,
Smiling and laughing showing no cares at all,
When something felt strange,
All of a sudden the sky turned grey,
And then the voice; yes, there was a voice,
The voice said you must change,
I know from where you came,
I know your hidden shame,
Ex-prostitutes, ex-drug dealers and murders alike,
I know your hidden shame,
I know from where you came,
Your discarded un-loved babies, are now my planted seeds in the concrete of their ghettos,
Like the fertile soil of the promised land,
I will deliver them into My Kingdom,
Because the children are the flowers in the ghetto,
They are the stones that the builders have rejected,
And they will be the capstone,
See the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes,
He said that the children are the flowers in the ghetto,
And He spoke this to me,
On an ordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment